Full-time Islamic schools are the most recent phenomenon of the Islamic education movement in America, and represent a shift towards a more comprehensive approach towards preserving Islamic identity for the community at large, and for the children more specifically. The mission of full-time Islamic schools can be along two tracks: defensive and proactive. The defensive line strives to shield and protect the children from harmful influences that are antithetical to the Islamic system. The proactive line seeks to nurture the intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual growth of Muslim children with the hope of producing confident, competent individuals who can go out into society and contribute positively without compromising their Islamic beliefs and practices.
The Islamic Academy of South Jersey is the very first full-time Islamic School in Southern New Jersey. We are proud to open our doors to Pre-K, Kindergarten, and grades 1- 7. We intend to add a new grade level every year.
Islamic Academy of South Jersey offers:
- Qualified and committed teachers
- Low student-to-teacher ratio
- High commitment to academic excellence
- An academic curriculum designed to exceed all standards for Preschool and grades K through 12th.
- Arabic, Quran and Islamic Studies
- Strong moral guidance
- Parental involvement in the education process
- A multi-cultural staff and student population
- Affordable private education
- Financial aid for qualified low-income families and excelling students
- A modern school facility with Central Air Condition and Central Heating
Yes, students enrolled take all subjects according to the NJ Core Curriculum Standards. The subjects are as follows:
- Social Studies
Yes, students take other subjects such as Arabic, Quran & Islamic Studies.
Yes! Students of Islamic Academy of South Jersey have school field trips.
Students bring their own lunch, snacks and water bottles.
You can contact us:
via Email: [email protected]
via Mail at our address:
3056 English Creek Ave
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey 08234
via Phone: 609-407-6800 during our office hours (8 – 3 pm)
via Fax: 609-407-6803
Islamic Academy of South Jersey always receives and welcomes visitors who want to learn about its programs, its students, its various activities and teaching practices and get a first hand impression. Please contact the administrator to schedule a visit.
Students attend school five days a week from Monday – Friday.
Qualified teachers are invited to apply for the position teachers in different subjects.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in a closely related field
- Fluency in English
- Authorized to work in the US
- Proper knowledge of Islam
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience in an educational institution or a US teaching certificate.
- A teaching license may be required depending on subject/grade level taught.